Pages

swans.jpg

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Small Wooden Cross

SMALL WOODEN CROSS

Sitting quietly looking at the tree
Everyone asleep except for me
Thinking, is this all that we see

There among the twinkling lights
Hung a small wooden cross
Through my mind flew the thoughts
The meaning of Christmas is such a loss

We let our minds wander
To parties, presents and such
Why aren't we thinking of Baby Jesus
Is that asking too much

When He lay in the manger
He was thinking of you and me
That's why He was crucified
So all the world would see

You can't say His name
In courthouses, schools and stores
But Christmas without Christ
Is not Christmas anymore

God forgive us, for we have sinned
Help us put Christ
Back in Christmas again

Thank You Jesus, for the gentle reminder
Thank You Jesus, for letting me see
As I sit quietly looking at the tree
And the small wooden cross !!!

2007 Judy L Wilson
Patricia A Moore
Gerti M Blackwell
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

This poem came about on my family website, we often write together. I will start it off and different members will come back and write a line or two . We have written several children stories like this. Try it, its fun !

No comments: