Pages

swans.jpg

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Patty Ann

Who am I…
That he would care
But just a plain country girl
With long brown hair

My eyes don’t sparkle
Ocean blue
Their homely brown
With a black tea hue

My words are simple
Not refined
Backwood hillbilly
This voice of mine

I don’t put on
Ruby red lips
Just denim jeans
Tight to the hips

An with these
Old boots of mine
I walk the woods
Among the mountain pine

My high society
Social event
La-Tee-Dah
Mending fence

As for my
Elaborate dine
I'll grab that picnic
Basket of mine

Chicken, biscuits
Don’t forget the cokes
Throw a blanket
Under the oak

Here you won’t find
That southern belle
Just little ole me
In a hick-er shell

I’ll be more then happy
To be your friend
This country gal,
Patty Ann

I’ll be more then happy
To be your friend
This country gal,
Patty Ann

1 comment:

Lori Laws said...

Very nice. Your words paint a good visual!